STATEMENT OF FAITH
In addition to the eighteen articles of faith (listed in the back of The New National Baptist Hymnal) adopted by the Second Baptist Church at its inception we further believe the following:
1. We believe in one God Who is eternal in His existence, multiplied in manifestation and sovereign in His authority.
2. We believe that Jesus is the Son of God. He was born of the Virgin Mary, suffered, died, was buried, and rose from the dead for our total salvation. (Luke 3:21-22; Philippians 2:5-11)
3. We believe that the blood of Jesus Christ atones for our sins and iniquity. It is through His shed blood that we are saved, healed and set free from the penalty of sin, the power of sin and when he comes again from the very presence of sin. We further believe that we are set free from the bondage and the forces of darkness. (Romans 5:9-11; Ephesians 1:7; Revelations 12:11)
4. We believe that the Bible is the true infallible Word of God, that it is verbally and plenary inspired by God and cleanses our souls. It holds the word of eternal life and the keys of the Kingdom of God. The Bible shows us God’s principles and standards for living; and it is the food that sustains us in all circumstances. (John 1:14; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 1 John 2:5-6)
5. We believe that the Baptism of the Holy Spirit occurs in each believer upon the acceptance of the Lord Jesus Christ as Lord, Savior and Master; and that such baptism places the believer into the body of Christ.
6. We further believe that the Holy Spirit may manifest Himself in the filling of the believer. This manifestation is often evidenced by but not limited to the speaking with other tongues (Acts 2:4; Ephesians 5:18-21). Thus we believe that the indwelling of the Holy Spirit is best evidenced by a life to exhibit the holiness and righteous of an almighty and sovereign God.
7. We believe in the manifestation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. This manifestation includes the Five Fold Ministry gifts along with tongues, interpretation of tongues, prophecy, words of knowledge and wisdom, discerning of spirits, faith, working of miracles, helps and healing plus…. (Mark 16:15-18: Acts 5:16: 2 Corinthians 12:1-11; Ephesians 4)
8. We believe that tithes and offerings is the biblical financial plan of God and through the giving of tithes and offerings the individual and the congregation is blessed of God.
9. We believe that the just shall live by faith and this faith will manifest itself in the form a prayer life. We believe that a prayer life is a necessary and required part of the true Christians life style and of utmost importance to anyone who seeks a leadership role.
KEEP IN TOUCH
© 2020 Second Baptist Church
Designed by Kingdom Church Websites